Friday, February 3, 2012

Always a lot of laughs...

I have had the pleasure of having my guys for the past 3 weeks!  Their dad hurt his hand and couldn't take them. His loss, my gain! We've had so much fun! 

One of their favorite things to do is have a dance party. Now, the dance party consists of having their friends over for pizza or spaghetti, turning on the music running around the house. Sometimes, they don't even dance...well, most of the time.  I think they just like the term dance party. 

On another note, the weeks have been fun, but they are exhausting. My oldest son has ADD and he can wear you out.  He takes his medicine to focus at school, but by the time I pick him up, they have worn off. I'm not complaining because I wouldn't want him to be on medication all day long...that would be too much.  It's just hard coming home from a long day at work, tired to a boy that is wound up.  Dylan has to eat right away, he's usually crying in the car because he's so hungry and according to him "going to die if I don't get him food asap".  He's never died by the way. Not even passed out. His flare for the dramatic seems to increase at the end of the day. 

So I make sure to have food with me when I pick him up. Lucky for me, he likes anything and everything, so it doesn't make it too difficult. If it were the little one, that would be a challenge. All he wants is meat. A plate of meat. I don't eat meat. I would not want a plate of meat. He doesn't understand. Just wants me to get him more meat. Ugh. 

Now you know why we have dance parties. You can always have a plate of meat at any party, and you can always dance crazy if you want.  It works for both of them.  One gets his meat and the other can blow off steam! Love it! 


 Oh, and this picture just proves you can wear whatever you want to a dance party! :)

No comments: